You are by now aware that the restrictions on the general public has been increased as of today. In compliance with this - the course will be closed immediately to all members. Like you, I do hope that this will be for the shortest time possible but we have to be vigilant given how serious this threat is. The ground staff are allowed and will be able to continue the upkeep of the course so that when we return the course will be as we would want it to be.
Brian Cruise has been in touch with the Course (Deborah) and has agreed that this loss in playing time will be offset against the 2021 season. For instance should it last for 3 months then the 1st payment for the new year will fall April 1st 2021. Any outstanding payments for this year should be made either electronically or by post as soon as possible - details are as follows..
Account Number: 00330881 Bank Sort Code: 990620
Bank ID (BIC): IPBSIE2D. IBAN: IE41IPBS99062000330881
Cheques can be posted to Martin Dobey c/o 203 Upper Rathmines Road Dublin 6
I mention this because without funds, the course staff may have to be laid off and the course would fall into a state of disrepair. The committee really appreciates your support in this regard.
I'm sure, you like myself, hope that this is a short term situation but once again we have to hold the health and welfare of our members as the greatest importance.
Please keep yourself and your families safe during the coming weeks - we will get through this!
Until we are advised otherwise the club will continue to run competitions as usual.
Please familiarise yourself with the following Comp Conditions and use the advice of social distancing 2metres minimum, especially in the changing room/toilets area. Wash Wash Wash your hands !
Temporary Competition Measures Until further notice:
- Do not remove the Flagstick when putting.
- Do not swap Scorecards, simply mark and sign your own card keeping tabs on your opposition in the markers column. ( please respect this honesty based system)
· Do not put Members competition money into the envelopes, we will operate on a Tab based system for the next while and sort out accumulated Comp entries at a later date.
· When entering scores onto the computer, use a tee to punch the keyboard.
- No Need to sign the entry list sheet, computer sign-in takes care of this.
Competition Committee 17/03/2020