Friday, 21 May 2021
Golf Ireland have now directed that Scorecards are marked in the traditional manner.
The marker writes in your hole by hole scores & after verbal confirmation then signs the Card at game end. They also write in your name where you would normally sign it, They then place the card into the slot in changing room desk.(Please do not swap cards after or before round).
Step 1: Install the howdidido app, When you submit 3 cards a Handicap index will be allocated.
Please put the 3 scorecards in an envelope marked "For Handicap" and leave at the course reception.
( In addition you can send a photo via email or WhatsApp to speed up the process).
After Handicap index allocation you will then have access to the HDID tee time booking system for Competitions and casual golf at the course.
Brian Cruise, Handicap Sec 2021
Thursday, 6 May 2021
Sunday, 2 May 2021
- At the moment we are not accepting supplementary cards played outside of our Weds/Sat/Sun "Handicap Card Return" events, due to issues with the competition course.
Your current Handicap index is based on your best 8 scores from your last 20 qualifying rounds. When playing at home you are allocated a course Handicap based on this > Course Handicap Table.
- If playing a Stableford/Strokeplay Competition you will receive 95% of your allotted Course Handicap
- Only rounds played with WHS qualifying conditions will count towards your best 8 scores.
- using a 29.9 handicapper as an example; they will have a course Handicap of 31, at 95%, their Competition Playing Handicap = 29.
- >>Click here for the illustrated guide to World Handicapping System<<
I know this is all very confusing for us all, but it will bed in over time.
Brian Cruise, Handicap Sec 2021 (slight amendment to wording, Stableford explanation deleted, Congu guide added 3/5/2021)